Discover many interesting, beautiful and well hidden places of the western Algarve. In this Private ´Jeep Safari` Tour, you will have our 4×4 car exclusively for your group of maximum 6 persons. You will be guided by an experienced guide who is also a responsible driver.
Private ´Jeep Safari` Tour
This 4WD vehicle has a closed top, which makes you stay comfortable during the hot summers and fresher winter days. The car is equipped with a well working air conditioning system.
Included in your trip is a cool box with 1 bottle of water per person. The rest of the cool box is at your disposal; feel free to bring your own cold drinks or snacks. Cool elements are provided.
The ´jeep` and driver/guide have all operating licenses and passenger insurances in place and is a non-smoking vehicle.
4WD & Nature Guides/drivers
On this Private ´Jeep Safari` Tour, our private guide and professional driver shows you and your friends/family the best spots for swimming, walking and enjoying flora/fauna either in the Serra de Monchique or in the West Coast Nature Park.
We are used to drive our car with passengers aboard. For your safety and comfort the driving is at a relaxed pace, and we don´t take any large obstacles at high speed.
The driver may vary, they all speak English, Portuguese, and some of them speak Dutch and French.
Short Walks: Feel the beauty of Nature
– feel the salty wind from a cliff top near the wild Atlantic Ocean
– chat with a farmer in a rural fish or vegetable market in Monchique or Aljezur
– touching cork in a shaded cork tree forest
– drink water from an ancient well called ´Fonte dos Amores` (and boost your love life 😍)
– smell the fresh eucalyptus which is good for your breathing system
– taste some seasonal fruits, picked by you from the road-side
– taste and buy the Portuguese fire water called ´Medronho`
– dip a spoon in some local made honey
– learn about the good, the bad and the ugly of cork, eucalyptus and rock roses
We have a large choice of walking tracks and can easily adjust terrain and length of the various walking routes to your preferences.
Your 4WD off-road destination
Feel free to choose your own destination and make your own route, we´re happy to help you with that. We aim to stay west of Albufeira.
See below our route suggestions that cover the area along the south and west coast between Carvoeiro and Sagres, and in the interior between Silves, Monchique and Aljezur.
Serra de Monchique: two peaks – mountain villages – forests – fertile & green – fresh water lake.
Visit on this day the best of the Serra de Monchique: the green Picota (774 mtrs), the natural spa of Caldas de Monchique, South Portugal highest peak Fóia (902 mtrs) and swimming in a fresh water lake.
West Coast Nature Park: Algarve´s largest forest – fishing villages – open landscape – cliff top views – deserted beaches – the ´wild west coast`
The best of the West: after a visit to the artistic village of Barão São João we find our way through Algarve´s largest forest and reach the magical west coast. Visit Sagres and Europe´s south west cape S. Vicente. This is the land where Henri the Navigator and Columbus started exploring the world some 500 years ago.
Historical Silves: Moorish castle (optional) – cobbled streets – walk along irrigation channels (levadas) – fresh fruits – stork nests – archaeological museum (optional)
What was the Algarve like 1000 years ago? Come and experience it in Silves! The Moorish castle and archaeological museum show a window to Islamic times. The Rio Arade valley still offers a variety to bird life.
Algarve West Coast, Monchique Mountains or Portuguese Culture?
Whichever destination or theme you choose, you can always suggest alterations to your Private ´Jeep Safari` Tour, choose different walking routes and make longer stops at villages or swimming locations such as the beaches or the lake.
– bring your own lunch pack or pick nick, we have a cool box to keep the essentials cool. We will definitely choose a great spot to enjoy your lunch, this can be lake, beach, park and if you wish with public toilets nearby.
– we can stop at a café/ snack bar for a simple and nutritious lunch at a reasonable price with sandwiches, omelette’s and some fresh products. This will be a interesting and central place in the mountains or near the beach with great views. (estimate to spend €6 – 10 pp)
– we´ll bring you to a fine restaurant for a warm lunch and with fresh products. (estimate to spend €12 – 20 pp)
– we drive you to the best restaurant with the best view for an à la carte lunch on a superb location.
Your guide/driver will bring his own lunch, so you can enjoy your lunch in your own company.
Prices & Discounts
We offer this full day out, with specialist guide/driver included, for € 220 per day, that´s only €37 per person should you come with 6 friends.
Discounts for the Private ´Jeep Safari` Tour are available, depending on day of the week, on where you stay and the route that you choose.
All prices & discounts mentioned here include:
– private charter, no other clients will join in that day
– pick up and return from/to your hotel, villa or any place in the Algarve between Carvoeiro and Sagres
– one day off-road driving with short walks (if you want) on a destination that you choose
– fuel and all local taxes included
– 1 bottle of water pp and cool box at your disposal
– the car has all operating licenses and passenger insurances, copies are in the car available.
– Portuguese taxes are included
– a professional guide and responsible driver behind the wheel, who shows you the best spots in the west Algarve, by car and by foot. He will share with you all his knowledge and experience about the flora/fauna, local habits, Portuguese culture and he is an experienced walking guide.
For further questions, get in touch with Frank.
Phone/ whatsapp +351 912 120 123
Landline +351 282 969 520
Email frank <at> outdoor-tours.com or fill in the form below.
Or contact us here https://www.facebook.com/OutdoorTours/