After a free pick-up from anywhere between Lagos and Sagres, start discovering the beautiful and hidden places of the West Algarve on our 4WD nature tours.
With frequent stops for short walks or a swim, the passionate driver/guide will show hidden spots with the best views.
Schöner Tagesausflug We had a great day with Vasco on a day trip up to mount Foia and Monchique. Very informative and a nice way to see the countryside.
Sie werden es lieben, wenn Sie:
✅ enjoy going off-track
✅ feel better after a day in nature
✅ love to learn about local flora and fauna
4WD Nature Destinations
From our base in Lagos, we offer 5 tours to 2 destinations:
Naturpark Westküste – includes Sagres and Cape St. Vicente
Serra Monchique – includes Lake Bravura and Mt Foia (900 mtrs)
Discover the allure of Algarve’s charming fishing villages, und breathtaking open landscapes on the best adventure the West has to offer! Immerse yourself in the rich history as you journey through the artistic village of Barão São João, venturing into Algarve’s largest forest before unveiling the enchanting magic of the wild west coast.
Marvel at cliff-top panoramas that will leave you breathless and explore the untouched beauty of deserted beaches. Experience the thrill of the “wild West Coast,” a destination that holds the secrets of explorers like Henri the Navigator and Columbus, who set out on their epic journeys to conquer the world over 500 years ago.
Don’t miss the chance to visit Sagres and stand at the edge of Europe’s southwest Cape S. Vicente, where history comes alive, and the spirit of adventure beckons. This is your invitation to embark on a journey that transcends time, where every step is a discovery and every view is a masterpiece. Uncover the best of the West and create memories that will last a lifetime!
* Sagres Sunset Tour *
Embark on a unique journey designed for those craving an escape from the tourist crowds. 80% of your adventure unfolds off-road in the captivating St. Vincent Natural Park, offering an unforgettable experience.
Explore the charming town of Sagres and the southwesternmost point of Europe at Cape St. Vincent. Venture off-road to a secluded beach, hidden within the Nature Reserve.
Witness a breathtaking sunset from a cliff 140 meters high, followed by a high-quality Portuguese wine tasting and a delightful snack.
This is more than a tour; it’s a rendezvous with the extraordinary, promising unforgettable moments and hidden gems.
Don’t miss out on this unique adventure that promises to leave you with memories to cherish forever!
Serra de Monchique
Breathtaking landscapes of the Serra de Monchique! Immerse yourself in the charm of mountain villages nestled amidst lush forests, surrounded by fertile greenery and overlooking a pristine freshwater lake.
Visit the gardens of the 1000+ year old spa village of Caldas de Monchique, on the foot of South Portugal’s highest peak, Fóia, standing tall at 902 meters (2700 feet). Feel the thrill of swimming in the crystal-clear waters of Lake Bravura, a freshwater oasis that adds an element of serenity to your adventure.
Learn about the unique qualities of cork and uncover the mysterious allure of eucalyptus forests.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to experience the best of nature, from mountain peaks to serene lakes, all in one exhilarating day!
On this ´Jeep Safari` Tour, your guide and professional driver show you and your friends/family the best spots for swimming, walking and enjoying flora/fauna either in the Serra de Monchique or in the West Coast Nature Park.
We are used to driving our cars with passengers aboard. For your safety and comfort, the driving is at a relaxed pace, and we don´t take any large obstacles at high speed.
Die drivers all speak English and Portuguese, and some of them speak Dutch and German is a source of information and all share a passion for the West Algarve.
Your 4WD vehicle has 6 individual passenger seats – all seats are facing forward and all have safety belts and headrests.
All 4WD vehicles have closed tops, which make you stay fresher during the hot summers and comfortable on winter days.
The car is equipped with a well-working air conditioning system.
All cars are non-smoking vehicles and are fully licensed and insured for the tours that we offer here.
- Auf der Half-Day Tours, there is no food/drink included, but we do stop briefly for a coffee or a drink to use the bathrooms.
- On Full-Day Tours, a tasty lunch is included at a local restaurant and it is a warm lunch with regional and international cuisine. Earlier in the day there will be also a coffee/toilet break with the option to taste regional specialities for free.
- Auf der Sunset Tour, a Portuguese wine tasting is included as well as some small snacks from the region.
Free Pick up
On all tours, a free pick-up is included from anywhere between Lagos and Sagres.
When you book there is a field to leave your location and we will confirm with you the pickup time after you have booked.
After a breathtaking and fun day, the return transfer is with the 4WD vehicle and the driver will say goodbye.
Kurze Spaziergänge in der Natur
During this 4WD Nature Tour, we will offer some short walks. Here we´ll enjoy the more interesting moments such as:
- den salzigen Wind von einer Klippenspitze in der Nähe des wilden Atlantischen Ozeans spüren
- chat with a farmer in a rural fish or vegetable market in Monchique
- Berühren von Kork in einem schattigen Korkbaumwald in Monchique
- Wasser aus einem alten Brunnen namens 'Fonte dos Amores' trinken (und Ihr Liebesleben ankurbeln 😍)
- smell the fresh eucalyptus which helps your breathing system
- probieren Sie einige Früchte der Saison, die Sie am Straßenrand gepflückt haben
- probieren und kaufen Sie das portugiesische Feuerwasser namens 'Medronho'.
- Dip a spoon in some locally made honey
- and learn about the good, the bad and the ugly of cork, eucalyptus and rock roses
All short walks last about 10-15 minutes and are optional. We usually see that the walks are well-doable by both children and elderly people. Instead, feel free to stay in the vehicle and just admire the views – the walkers will be back soon.
Preise & Ermäßigungen
Prices for adults start at €53 per person and depend on the type of tour. The final price is available on the booking form and includes everything in the Included section. You will not be charged anything extra during the tour.
Children up to 11 years of age enjoy usually a discount varying between €11 and €26 per child, depending on the tour.
Included in all tours:
- pick up and return from/to your hotel between Lagos and Sagres
- one full day or ½ day off-road driving with a professional driver
- fuel and all local car and toll taxes
- 1 bottle of water per person
- the car has all operating licenses and passenger insurance, copies are in the car available.
- Portuguese taxes such as VAT are included
- a professional guide and responsible driver behind the wheel, who shows you the best spots in the west Algarve, by car and by foot. He will share with you all his knowledge and experience about the flora/fauna, local habits, and Portuguese culture.