Here you´ll find all the relevant info about Algarve Outdoor Tours.
The Algarve is a truly active holiday and incentive destination in the world,
thanks to its friendly people, pleasant outdoor climate, and Portuguese hospitality.
Algarve Outdoor Tours has been organizing cycling, canoeing, and hiking tours in the Algarve since 2001.
The founder and owner of the company is Frank Koopman, a Dutchman who has been organizing outdoor activities in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria, and Portugal since 1993. Frank is a certified outdoor adventure instructor for hiking, climbing, canoeing, and mountain biking. He graduated from the Dutch CIOS (Central Institute Education Sportleaders) with a degree in Adventure Instructor and Coordinator.
See here his ode to ocean kayaking in the Algarve.
History & Activities
In 2001 Frank and his team started to run bike tours under the name “Foia Downhill Tours”. Mt. Foia is, at 902 meters, the highest mountain of the Serra de Monchique (Algarve). In the following years, the company enlarged its program with walking and canoeing tours. The company´s name changed to Outdoor-Tours.com. From this moment on more activities such as ocean kayaking, team building, beach events, school camps and incentives were added.
In the meantime, as the pioneering Algarve Outdoor Adventure Company, we developed close partnerships with selected Portuguese companies. More activities were added to our portfolio, such as SUP tours, kite surfing, sailing, jeep safaris, wine tasting, golf, go-karting, dolphin watching and nightlife & entertainment.
Algarve Outdoor Tours today
Additionally to his function as the owner of Outdoor-Tours.com, Frank is managing the company. He is specialized in all matters of safety and is also responsible for the supervision and training of the staff members. We have seen substantial growth in Portugal and the Algarve in particular. Nevertheless, Algarve Outdoor Tours has kept that feel of a small, family-style company with a personal touch.
Now after the covid19 peak, travel to Portugal has picked up again. Portugal takes Covid19 seriously and has low numbers of cases and fatalities. Algarve Outdoor Tours is committed to following its coronavirus policy.
Outdoor Tours and Nature Activities in the Algarve
We have a wide selection of outdoor adventures available.
Our adventures are family-friendly and are available on several different expert levels.
And we offer these adventures all year round.
We provide bike tours, ocean kayak trips, hiking trips, corporate events, and even business events.
Exclusive Cycling Tours
Our Downhill Cycling Tour starts at the top of Serra de Monchique peak and is guided through a scenic tour of the hills below. The Downhill Cycling Tour takes place on asphalt and tarmac, therefore they are perfect for all skill levels. Throughout the tour, your guide will stop and allow you to take photos of various scenic landmarks that you will likely want to remember long after your tour has ended.
For the more skilled rider, we offer on separate days the Downhill Off-road Tour. Discover the trails in the Monchique Mountains, start at 902 mtrs and descend with us all the way down to sea level. We ride Giant 29ers.
Ocean Kayak Trips
Do you love the ocean? Are you adventurous? Then you will love our ocean kayak trips! Along with our exclusive downhill cycling tours, our incredible ocean kayak tours are one of our most requested adventures.
Many of you have asked us for kayak rental in Lagos. We´re pleased to have found a reliable partner at Praia Dona Ana. You can hire a kayak here.
Walking & Hiking Tours
Hiking trips are an excellent way to experience the lush countryside of Serra de Monchique and this is just one more adventure our experienced team guides you through. When you walk with us a support vehicle will be standby, and above all lunch is included!
If you are looking for a personal & friendly adventure company that is certified, bonded and insured, then look no further than us. Our 20 years of experience and customer-first attitude guarantee that you will have the time of your life high in the mountains of Serra de Monchique and down by the coast and on the sea..
4×4 Nature Tours
Algarve Outdoor Tours added a 4×4 vehicle to our way of exploring the beautiful Algarve interior. The mountains, cliff tops and hidden beaches are now accessible for everyone with our vehicle. It has space for 8 passengers and please book a seat here.
About Algarve Outdoor Tours´ Mission & Keywords
Algarve Outdoor Tours aims to connect you with the welcoming Portuguese people and submerge into the outstanding Algarve nature.
By providing outdoor adventure activities & tours, we aim to offer you a true outdoor experience in an environment-friendly way.
SAFETY – FUN – FITNESS – HEALTH – NATURE – ENVIRONMENT
- Algarve Outdoor Tours specialises in non-motorised outdoor activities. We genuinely believe that the best way to discover the nature and the country side of your holiday destination is by foot, bicycle or kayak.
- The manager/owner has 25+ years of experience in guiding outdoor activity groups, and it has shown us that you will have the most intensive travel experience in small groups. Our outdoor activity groups are on average in size only 8 people and usually have a maximum of 15 people.
- Visiting a country means an invitation from the local people. We aim at every tour that you meet the true hospitality and friendship of the local Portuguese people.
- The local people make an effort to meet your and our travel expectations. Therefore, we commit to supporting the local economy by employing and booking services offered by local people and entrepreneurs.
- The environment is the most precious to all of us and our children. We aim to leave the Portuguese nature and countryside untouched after enjoying your outdoor experience. We clean up and distribute our garbage separately to the responsible government bodies.
- Our staff will make the best out of your holiday. Through our training and motivation program, our enthusiastic guides know how to meet your travel expectations and translate his/her knowledge into a great outdoor experience for you and your group. After every activity, we evaluate with the guide the level of safety, client satisfaction and points of improvement.
- Above all, the safety of you and your travel partners is most important to us. Our mission values will never be in conflict with your safety because your safety and well-being are priority nº 1 for us.
Algarve Outdoor Tours welcomes larger groups
- We do offer motorised activities as a way to travel to nature and with respect for nature. To be able to offer a complete outdoor program we cooperate with local and carefully selected partners. These licensed companies are checked frequently on our responsible travel values and safety matters.
- We do host occasionally groups with 15 – 150 participants as well. These, often corporate incentive, programs are always attached to our environmentally friendly protocol which assigns all participants, staff of Outdoor-Tours.com and its suppliers.
About Algarve Outdoor Tours
Feel the Beauty of Nature – since 2001
Get in touch with Frank via WhatsApp or Messenger below.